Cook
- Age -
N/A // N/A
- relationship status -
Character
- occupation -
N/A
- face claim -

Take me back to those barefoot summer nights, take me back running down those highway lights, remember when we said don't let go till we die? Take me back to that fire in your eyes 'cause I know it ain't gone too far, take me back to you and to your wild heart. You used to be the girl who could light up a room and with a flip of a switch I bet you still do, used to leave a trail of danger wherever you go and no matter where it led me I would follow. You were beautiful in blue jeans, holes in the knees. You were smoking like a cigarette I couldn't breathe, used to rock around the ballroom, dance on the bar, baby no one could tame you and your wild heart.

Leon so rarely let anyone get too close to him. It was a luxury that he could not afford. Day after day was spent moving from place to place because he simply could not afford to settle down for too long. He and Evanna had to keep moving, their whole lives were spent moving from one place to another hoping for the best each time they chose a place to rest their heads for the night, hoping that someone wouldn't step in and tear them apart because a minor looking after his younger sister wasn't the best of circumstances in the world, but it was his life and he wouldn't trade it for the world.

Since the day that their parents had died, he'd taken on responsibility and for Eva's sake to this day, he did not regret that. He may have struggled through the years, barely making it from one month to the next sometimes but she always had everything that she needed, she always had clothing on her back and food in her belly and when it came down to it that was all that he cared about. Eva's safety and happiness was paramount to him, there wasn't a thing in the world that he would not give to insure it. He'd give his heart and soul just to make her smile.

Because he was all that she had, and vice versa. He had absolutely no desire to see her go without or see her suffer through more loss and more pain. He knew that he could never provide her with the safety and stability that most people would consider normal but he'd do everything that he could for her, because what were the other options? Surrender to a system that would likely tear them apart and make sure that they never got to know each other? No. He'd made a promise to his parents before they'd died: "You be a big boy, okay? You look out for your little sister. Protect her." and he meant every single word of that vow, though he was but seven years old at the time.

He couldn't have understood the implications of that promise but he understood promises well enough; you didn't break them. You stuck to your promises no matter what happened and he intended to hold onto his. He intended to do all that he could to keep his sister safe, and for so many years of her life he had managed to do exactly that, but then the world went to hell in a hand basket when some bastard out there had pushed buttons and dropped bombs. Life as they knew it - life as everyone knew it - as over and there was no way back.

And in the hell storm and the fire, Leon had lost track of the one person that mattered the most in the world to him. He had ran for a short while, fleeing the country to see if he could find safe haven elsewhere but it was shitty all over the damn world and so it hadn't taken him long to migrate back to the good old US of A. DC, to be exact. He had heard of a colony of survivors here, and he could but hope that given the fact that this was where he'd been when everything had gone to shit, there would be a good chance that he'd find the people that he was missing in the world.

And that their names wouldn't be among the dead. God, it'd kill him if he were to lose Eva for good. With a heavy backpack slowing down his movements, Leon made his way to the gate of the Colony and naturally surrendered to their various - and rigorous - checks, checks which had lasted for hours before he was allowed to go to the dining hall for something to eat. He hadn't eaten in three days, and so even though the male was close to passing out due to hunger, he opted to shower before stepping into the wide, open space.

His brown eyes scanned the surroundings, falling upon one singular familiar face as his heart all but jumped into his throat. Shal. If she'd survived, there was more of a chance that Eva would have, too. He made his way toward the female with haste, wordlessly wrapping his arms around her as he pulled her into a hug.

PM EMAIL
^
Shalimar Westen
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 05:01 AM
N/A
Twenty Three
- Age -
Jennifer // www.blahhere.com
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Melissa Roxburgh
- face claim -

i've been down and out
feeling lost and alone for so long

Within Shalimar's travels, she had found herself in a situation that she could not get herself out of. Other travelers. One in particular helped Shalimar. And with very little prodding needed, she traveled with them. In the time she was around them, Shalimar got close. But before she could remotely tell the man anything, things went to hell. Leon and his little sister had become very dear to Shal. Probably, quicker than she had anticipated or ready for. Considering the fact that she had ended a relationship. One of the many reasons she took on traveling, it was to clean the slate for her. Refresh her. And until the bombs, it was working.

She went from travel companions, to being alone again. Only this was a totally different alone. Did they live? Did her family live? She was unsure of anything and everything. All Shalimar could do is hope that they all found shelter. Eventually, she found herself getting to a colony. Not sure what to expect! Shalimar hadn't been there too long, sleeping good was still not happening. In spite of her being at the colony.

Shalimar saw new people entering the dining hall. Her piercing blue eyes looking over those that she could see, her heart sank when it wasn't someone who looked familiar. She tried very hard to keep what hope was there strong enough to help her keep looking. And before doubt could take over, her eyes fall on one person. Leon! There was that lump feeling in her throat, her heart all but jumped out of her chest. She noticed him making his way to her, she did the same to get to him. Or possibly meet in the middle. Wordlessly as she wrapped her arms around him, mutually pulling him into a hug. The feelings she felt with that embraced. Shalimar was relieved, Leon survived. Feeling the tears fill her eyes, and stream down her cheeks. Closing her eyes for a moment.

"You're alive!" Shalimar soft tone in her voice gave away that she had been worried this whole time. There was a relieved tone in her voice. A tenderness. She missed him. She didn't want to let him go. Shal opened her eyes, expecting Eva join in the hug.

LEON » 376 WORDS » WANT TO SNUGGLE THEM » THANKS
PM EMAIL
^
Leon Massey
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 06:49 PM
N/A
Cook
- Age -
N/A // N/A
- relationship status -
Character
- occupation -
N/A
- face claim -

Take me back to those barefoot summer nights, take me back running down those highway lights, remember when we said don't let go till we die? Take me back to that fire in your eyes 'cause I know it ain't gone too far, take me back to you and to your wild heart. You used to be the girl who could light up a room and with a flip of a switch I bet you still do, used to leave a trail of danger wherever you go and no matter where it led me I would follow. You were beautiful in blue jeans, holes in the knees. You were smoking like a cigarette I couldn't breathe, used to rock around the ballroom, dance on the bar, baby no one could tame you and your wild heart.

He must look absolutely crazy to anyone watching the display. It was insanity that he would gladly own up to because it had been months since the last time that he'd seen a familiar face. Someone that he knew in the world before it had all gone to shit, someone that he happened to know from before all of this, someone that he wanted to hold onto because no one wanted to be the only one left. That was a hell of a lonely existence, and lonely was something that Leon was more than acquainted with at this point in his life.

He never was good at making friends. He had enough trouble with it the first time because no one seemed to understand the life that he had, the life that he'd chosen to have. Most people would have done what was easier and accepted or even asked for help at some point over the years while raising a young sister but not him. He was stubborn, he was the person that never gave up on absolutely anyone because the only person he'd ever had in his life was his little sister; why on earth would he give up on her? She was all that he had.

Joining up with a group had been more for Evanna's sake than it was for his; he was perfectly okay with them being alone. They'd been alone their entire life pretty much, but she needed to actually make friends and meet people and having someone to talk to that actually got to know the inner workings of him and his mind once in a while was probably a good thing. He definitely wanted to try. He wanted to try to make friends though he didn't exactly have a bone in his body that was all that good with socializing. It was a constant effort.

But Eva seemed happier around people. She seemed to be thrilled to have other people around her, people that actually understood what it was like to be on the road their whole lives like they were, not that any of them had actually been on the road even half as long as Evanna and Leon themselves had, but they tried. They tried to make them feel as though they were welcome and that they had a place in their family which was more than he'd ever had in his life up until that point so it was an opportunity that he was beyond thankful for.

There was something to be said for the kindness of strangers. It was strange. It really was. Most so called civilized society frowned upon travelers, people that moved from place to place but among themselves, they were noble, loyal and good people. They were there for each other far more than people that actually had homes to go to at the end of the day. He hadn't really had a proper home since he was just seven years old, what the hell did he care about a roof over his head? At this point, just having somewhere to sleep at the end of the day was going to have to be good enough.

It wasn't like much had changed in his life since the bombs dropped. The only thing that was different now was that he knew with every fiber of his being that he had to find his sister. Shal's words pulled his attention back to her, he offered her a gentle smile as the two pulled away from the embrace for just a few seconds though he didn't let go of her entirely. "So are you. I was going out of my mind; I had no idea anyone else made it." He could see the waiting, expectant look in her eyes though, which made him shrink back just a little bit as he shook his head softly.

"I can't find her. I can't find my sister." She had to know how much that was hurting him. The pain was clear in his eyes, he tried to avert his gaze, to hide the pain that lurked there but it was clear before all of this happened that there was nothing in the world that was more important to Leon than Eva, there couldn't be. He'd always been the only thing that she'd ever had, she would always be his priority. Being away from her was killing him, he had to know. One way or the other, he had to know if she was still alive, but he was too afraid to ask.

PM EMAIL
^
Shalimar Westen
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 10:29 AM
N/A
Twenty Three
- Age -
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Melissa Roxburgh
- face claim -

i've been down and out

Shalimar had no regrets in her decision to take time to travel, if anything she had learned a great deal about herself that being home could not teach her. Even with finding trouble. Leon happened to be at the right place, right time. Shalimar found that the group of travelers more friendly, and willing to help - when civilized society wasn't so. The choice was easy. You stick with those who opened their hearts and lives to you. The group of people were far more accepting. The rest of her travels after that was a lot better when she joined them.

During that time she had questioned whether or not she ever really wanted to go her own way, and return back to her life. Her home. And family. Shalimar had changed a lot since she was home. And while she was uncertain at that point if she could leave the group. And everything she had with them. Shalimar wasn't thinking about being without them. Shalimar wasn't without anything, and she felt more at home. After the bombs, the world ending as they have known it. She worried about everyone from the group of travelers. Leon. Eva. After all they became a family in that time she traveled with them.

So, Shalimar really didn't care what people thought of the display. It felt so good to hold someone she had known before hell broke loose. It was hard not get swept away in the moment emotionally.

"So are you. I was going out of my mind; I had no idea anyone else made it."

When Leon smiled at her, she smiled back at him. Shalimar wasn't going to let him go entirely, he's the first familiar face she seen since the bombs. Shalimar had needed this. The relief she felt with knowing he is alive. Waves of emotions obviously got to her as he started to talk. She, too was going out of her mind. She worried about the group, and didn't know exactly how to go looking for them. After all, where do you start. "Me too!"

"I can't find her. I can't find my sister."

Sadness grew in Shal's eyes as her waiting and expectant look seemed to bring on a response. His reaction made her want to pull him back into a hug. Was he trying to tell her as he shook his head softly that she was dead? Her heart ached. Eva had become family to her, and this was hurting her. She could imagine it was tearing Leon up. And she knew it was just by looking in Leon's eyes. She watched as Leon tried to avert his gaze, Leon was trying to hide it from her. Shalimar's hand softly touched his cheek. He didn't have to hide anything from her.

Shalimar wasn't sure how, but that didn't matter. Finding Eva is important. "Leon, we will find her!" As she pulled him into another hug, she kissed him on the cheek.

LEON » 495 WORDS » WANT TO SNUGGLE THEM » THANKS
PM EMAIL
^
Leon Massey
 Posted: Apr 19 2015, 12:28 PM
N/A
Cook
- Age -
N/A // N/A
- relationship status -
Character
- occupation -
N/A
- face claim -

It was against every single odd in the world that the people he cared most for in the world would have survived, but he had to hope that in finding Shal he'd been right in his hope that Eva had survived, too. He couldn't give up hope that he'd find his sister someday - somehow - because it was the only thing that kept him going when he felt like he was going to lose it. He had already lost his home and the life that he'd had before.

He didn't need to lose his sanity, too. He had held it all together by duct tape and trying his best to lie to himself about everything that had been happening. He had to kid himself into thinking that somehow, they could all be okay again. They could rebuild the world and they could build a life out of the ashes that was left behind of the world that had existed before the bombs had dropped and that he'd find his sister safe and sound because he had no idea what he'd do if he let go of that and lost her forever.

His eyes remained on Shal, though; he was honestly terrified to the very core of him that if he let her out of his sight or took his eyes off of her for even a moment then he'd lose her, too, and he'd be alone once more in the world; while he did not mind the occasional bout of solitude, he did hate the fact that he had lived through the end of the world and that could very well mean that everyone he'd held dear to him before it had happened did not.

He didn't want to think about that, though. Why would he? Why would he want to face the torment of spending the rest of his life alone? No one in their right minds wanted that and he wasn't cold enough to live in the world with nothing but pain and loneliness that threatened to cripple him to his very core. He'd never live an even remotely complete life without Eva or Shal involved in it and he knew that better than he knew anything else.

"Stay..." His words were spoken softly as sad eyes remained on her, his expression faltered; he didn't feel so goddamn strong now; it was like everything that had held him together before had been melted away in the heat of fire, and there was only ashes left of the ties that bound him before. He had failed. He had failed and he needed to fix that but he had no idea whether he could; if his sister was gone, he'd have lost everything. He'd lose his will to live...

"Please. I can't do this on my own; when I felt like I'd lost you and Eva I felt like there was nothing left for me. So please, just stay... Don't go out there alone because I can't handle losing you. Feeling like I did once was bad enough."

PM EMAIL
^
Shalimar Westen
 Posted: May 26 2015, 10:26 AM
N/A
Twenty Three
- Age -
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Melissa Roxburgh
- face claim -

i've been down and out

While all things were a uncertain thing in the world today, hope was all they really had. Right? The hope that the people you cared for managed to survive. It was all just a matter of chance in finding them. But somewhere in the back of Shal's mind she had to prepare for the chance that no one she knew and cared for made it. Shalimar was just verging the moment were she was about to give up the hope that anyone survived it that she knew; cared deeply about. But the moment she saw Leon. Nothing can describe the feeling she felt seeing him alive. And now she could only hope that the others are alive as well.

Shalimar's eyes remained on Leon; terrified to look away only to find him gone when she looked back at him. Being alone was the hard thing. This was the time to hold on to what hope you have. It helped you remain the person you need to. Help you push yourself that much harder to get to the next day; that will hopefully put you face to face with someone you thought didn't make it. Hope was said to be a powerful thing. It made all possibilities even more possible; no matter how long it took.

"Stay..."

His soft words spoken; sad eyes. Made her heart break. Understanding with just the one word what he was feeling inside. She too felt the same after the bombs fell. Trying to stay strong was hard when you think of not only your loss out there. But that of others. What could she say right now? All the things inside was just feeling it all. Feeling the loss. The fear of losing it all. And knowing that if you lost what matters most; the people in your life that you love and care about, you lose all the will to live.

"Please. I can't do this on my own; when I felt like I'd lost you and Eva I felt like there was nothing left for me. So please, just stay... Don't go out there alone because I can't handle losing you. Feeling like I did once was bad enough."

Shalimar took a deep breath. It was shaky. She certainly didn't want him to go through the torment that he had while thinking she didn't make it. Wrapping her arms around him; holding him close. "Your not on your own! I'm here." She knew all to well how Leon felt. She had felt the same way while out on her own. Losing herself with the fears and feelings that come from the thoughts of losing him. And Eva. Both have been part of her life. Along with her family.

LEON » 455 WORDS » WANT TO SNUGGLE THEM » THANKS
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Vote For Us Daily
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
 photo BEINGHUMANANIMATED_zps56e275eb.gif EI The Rise of Magic

skinned by lauz of shine & candyland couture