Twenty Eight
- Age -
Jennifer // www.blahhere.com
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Taylor Cole
- face claim -

Mercy didn't have much of her own life before the bombs. It was a sad irony that when the bombs fell was the only way for her to be her own person. She no longer belonged to an organization with secrets. Or a life that consist of blood on her hands that she could never clean off. Or no matter how much an order or job went against her own personal beliefs; she had to do it. But the hardest thing was to move along the new world freedom with hope that she could find something that she had lost long before the bombs dropped. Love.

The man she loved had died in her arms. All she could do was apologize before the light went out in his eyes. You can't undo that. You can't fix that. There was no way she could let anyone in her life after that. Or could she? There was no one that could take that away from her now if she found it. But she had been so trained after that to keeping herself from letting anyone close. Knowing when to shut off that moral and humanity switch to do things she needed too. Only it didn't keep her from feeling after. Hence the nightmares of faces that haunted her ever day.

It could be brought on with the simple fact of looking at someone. Someone, who brought on a memory. It didn't take much.

Surviving was something different now. Money didn't matter. However, with the right things to barter for what you needed; anything was possible. But, she had seen what greed did in the saddest form of people. She had come across people who had lost everything. Even their own lives because a raider wanted what they had. Leaving them where they fell. Of course, Mercy did the only thing she could. Gave them a proper burial. It was the most she could do for them. Praying they found peace from everything. Had they been alive in her wandering around; she would have shared with them. Bartered. Maybe offer some form of security in the form of skills she had.

Mercy wandered on foot after her vehicle bit it. Taking what little she still had on her. Leaving behind what she could barter with because she could not carry everything. She felt hopeful once she saw the mini mart a distance away. A lot of the standing structures were either already cleaned out. Or had very little useful stuff. She was hoping for just enough to get her to one point to the next place she can stock up her supplies.

Mercy was quiet and cautious entering the old mart as soon as she reached it.

tags: Mike Jenkins/Heathyr; notes: Sorry it sucks!
©
PM EMAIL
^
Michael Jenkins
 Posted: Sep 18 2016, 02:29 PM
- DALLAS -
N/A
Scavanger
- Age -
n/a // N/A
- relationship status -
Character account
- occupation -
N/A
- face claim -

The world had been blown to hell, and still, Mike Jenkins thrived in the chaos. He had been a CIA operative in life before the bombs, meaning that this strange new world was completely workable to him. He adapted, he worked with what he found/stole, and he thrived.

As he moved into the outskirts of yet another burned out, ransacked town, Mike crept quietly through empty houses, taking what he needed from within. Stepping back out onto the street, slight movement caught his eye at a corner mart just down the street. It could have been a starved animal looking for scraps, or it could be someone planning an ambush on someone – you could never tell these days.

Raising his .40 to ready position as he approached the store, Mike pulled the door open while standing to one side, keeping his profile low as he said in a low voice, “Anyone there? Not looking for trouble.

tags: Mercy/Jenn; notes: Love yoooou!
©
PM EMAIL
^
Mercedes Ramsey
 Posted: May 1 2017, 10:51 AM
- SURVIVALIST -
N/A
Twenty Eight
- Age -
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Taylor Cole
- face claim -

Mercy had time to survey what was left in the old mart. Didn't look over picked. Where others might not see something useful; for lack of training to survive - she saw a treasure trove. A bigger percent of people had no clue how much they waste in a year. Oh but the landfills and trash often were the first things people who understood survival hit faster. One mans garbage was someone else little free mart. It went from trash to useful shit. From the looks of it people left out stuff that she could just imagine the uses. But sadly some of the things would be left behind. Unless she had transportation. Or use.

Mercy froze.

It was the sound of the door. Yeah. Mercy knew it could be anything. But it was a bigger chance it could be a person. Friendly or not; Mercy had to be ready for it to go either way. She grabbed her gun; raising to a ready position. There wasn't much sound in the store. Mercy listened out for anything. A person who would give away their position.

Mercy wasn't fond of killing. Though that was part of her job description. She hated it; unless it was someone that was bad. Then she didn't need to think about it. She carried blood on her hands. And only she had to carry that on her soul. But things were different in this world. The woman had a choice. The person wasn't on the target list.

“Anyone there? Not looking for trouble.”

There was a question of whether or not there was a person there. It could have been anything really. Even an ambush; and she walked into it. Friend or foe was not just a question. She finally had her answer when she heard a male's voice asking if anyone is there. If she remained quiet; they might just go. She had hoped that what the person needed would either not be there - but if it was just him; like he would need it all. She might be able to get what she needed.

But that is hardly the way things go for her. Not even in life before the bombs. Her luck didn't go well. Her brow raised slightly as the person said that he was not looking for trouble.

That was the first.

But she didn't trust much either. She was trained to not buy into things people say.

"I hate to tell you how many times I heard that one. Everyone looks for trouble... Normally it doesn't end well." A slight pause. "Friend or foe?" Not that she believed the answer. But sometimes how a person answered gave a her and idea of who she was dealing with.

tags: Mike Jenkins/Heathyr; notes: Sorry it sucks!
©
PM EMAIL
^
Michael Jenkins
 Posted: May 31 2017, 01:19 PM
- DALLAS -
N/A
Scavanger
- Age -
n/a // N/A
- relationship status -
Character account
- occupation -
N/A
- face claim -

Mike chuckled, shaking his head slightly at the woman’s words. She did have a point – people would say whatever it took to get what they needed. People were starving, scared and generally unsettled right now – they would do whatever it took to keep themselves and their families safe.

You got me there. I’ve heard that a few thousand times since the bombs went off myself. I’m a friend. Now how about we just agree to not kill each other and holster our weapons for a few minutes? I’m just looking for supplies. My name’s Mike.

tags: Mercy/Jenn; notes: Love yoooou!
©
PM EMAIL
^
Mercedes Ramsey
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 02:22 PM
- SURVIVALIST -
N/A
Twenty Eight
- Age -
- relationship status -
Character Account
- occupation -
Taylor Cole
- face claim -

“You got me there. I’ve heard that a few thousand times since the bombs went off myself. I’m a friend. Now how about we just agree to not kill each other and holster our weapons for a few minutes? I’m just looking for supplies. My name’s Mike.”

Mercy didn't know what to make of this guy. Friend or foe. She had lived her entire life from the moment the government had taken her in. Trained her. She was good as dead once she stepped wrong. That was life before the bombs. Now she was her own person. She didn't want to kill unless she had to. She had enough blood on her hands; and it wasn't by choice.

She knew how to read people. She knew her enemies and who just wanted to live their life. There were targets she would have rather not taken. So, she knew that in a short amount of time she could trust this man. Even if she kept her guard up. She could still trust he wasn't going to kill her. She nodded as she put away her gun. "Agreed!"

A more relaxed stance and gun put away in the holster. It is not like she couldn't get it out fast if she needed it. "My name is Mercedes!" She paused slightly looking around the mart in a glance. She could see there was more there and she was hardly going to be able to carry that much solo. There was no way she needed it all. She needed enough to get by as long as she was on the move. And she can carry it! Which wasn't enough. But, that was how the world was now. You can barely survive. She knew at some point she was dooming herself to a death she didn't want. But she was free.

"I am looking for supplies too! All I need is enough to carry on me. It is not like I can carry it all in my bag. Then I am gone!"

tags: @Michael Jenkins ; notes: Sorry it sucks!
©
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Vote For Us Daily
Static Affiliates
Scrolling Affiliates
 photo BEINGHUMANANIMATED_zps56e275eb.gif EI The Rise of Magic

skinned by lauz of shine & candyland couture